Hendra QLD 4011
Due to exciting growth we have a new opportunity for high-performing Forensic Engineer!
Our current jobs include new homes, house raise / build in under, insurance inspections, industrial pavements, retaining walls and crack and damage inspections.
We work with passionate building designers, architects, home owners, insurance companies and government bodies, so we need an assertive communicator with amazing engineering skills.
If you’re looking for a thriving, innovative engineering firm and dynamic career progression, apply now!
- Conducting field investigations and analysing failures involving a variety of residential and commercial structures;
- Determining the cause, origin, and extent of structural failures, water intrusions, roof damage, construction defects and building system failures;
- Preparing conditional reports, engineering reports and engineering design calculations;
- Compiling scope of works and cost estimations based on your recommendations;
- Preparing hand sketches and AutoCAD drawings;
- Inspecting buildings during construction;
- Liaising directly with builders, building designers, architects and home owners;
- Assessing existing buildings and preparing reports on how they can be repaired or improved; and
- Delivering remedial reports and strengthening designs for various structural buildings in Queensland.
- An RPEQ Certification will be extremely favourable!
- You will have a minimum of 4 years’ experience as a Forensic Engineer;
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil or Structural Engineering;
- Permanent / full working rights in Australia;
- Current driver’s licence;
- Proven background in design and detailing of concrete, steel and timber constructions;
- Outstanding AutoCAD skills and the ability to conduct computer analysis of 3D structures;
- A superior track record in running projects successfully;
- Strong ability to work autonomously as well as in a team environment to ensure punctual, successful project delivery; AND…
- You will be a keen learner, a lateral thinker and an innovative problem solver!
- Convenient office location an free on-site parking;
- Excellent opportunity for professional growth;
- A coffee machine at work; and
- A professional and friendly work environment!
Submit your cover letter and resume in PDF format.
Your cover letter should address the criteria contained in this advertisement.
The subject of your email will be “Forensic Engineer – Your Name”.
We can’t wait to hear from you!