Hendra QLD 4011
Due to exciting growth we have a brand-new opportunity for a school leaver with an interest in Structural Engineering!
Our current jobs include new homes, house raise / build in under, insurance inspections, industrial pavements, retaining walls and crack and damage inspections.
We work with passionate (and sometimes stressed!) building designers, architects, home owners, insurance companies and government bodies, so we need someone with amazing communication skills.
This is a junior position and we want to train you. If you’re confident that you can fit into our fun yet focused work environment, apply now!
- Draw engineering plans and detail sketches for houses, commercial buildings, and industrial structures including conceptual, preliminary and advanced project design drawings; and
- Liaise with clients to understand their needs and timeframes, to develop cost-effective and dependable engineering solutions.
- You will have a satisfactory level of Maths and English in Year 12;
- You will have a demonstrated interest in the building industry;
- Impressive working knowledge of AutoCAD;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Permanent / full working rights in Australia;
- Current driver’s licence;
- An outgoing attitude, a flair for structural design and a willingness to learn; AND…
- You will possess a strong ability to work autonomously as well as in a team environment to ensure punctual and successful project delivery!
- Free on-site parking!
- Full on the job training and opportunity for professional growth;
- A supportive and friendly work environment;
- A coffee machine at work; AND…
- We will provide you with an exciting introduction to the wonderful world of structural engineering!
Jump-start your career straight out of school with this exciting opportunity!
Submit your cover letter and resume in PDF format.
Your cover letter will address the criteria contained in this advertisement.
Please tell us about an impressive school assignment that you completed in AutoCAD.
The subject of your email will be “Cadet Drafter – Your Name”. We can’t wait to hear from you!