We’re Structural Engineering Specialists
Cornell Engineers is a modern, proactive structural engineering consultancy serving Queensland from our office in Hendra, Brisbane.
We are a team professional consulting structural engineers specialising in residential structural engineering. We have more than 20 years experience in designing and detailing new houses, house extensions, renovations and repairs.
Our clients include
- Building designers
- Home owners
- Insurance companies
- Government departments
Meet Our Team
Come and Meet our team.
About Cornell Engineers
Cornell Engineers was established in 2003 by Matthew Cornell (RPEQ 06598).
Matt started Cornell Engineers because he wanted to make excellent value structural engineering available to homeowners.
Value isn’t always the cheapest price for engineering design drawings:
- Value engineering is a comprehensive set of drawings that are easy to understand and easy to build from.
- Value engineering is prompt after-sale service that backs up the initial design.
- Value engineering is knowledge of local building practices and product availability communicated openly and honestly.
We are registered for GST as Matthew Cornell Pty Ltd (ABN 71 105 354 327). We trade as Cornell Engineers because that’s who we are and what we do!
We have worked throughout Queensland and have experience working in:
- Airlie Beach
Our services include:
- Design, drafting and certification of houses and units including new homes, extensions, renovations, alterations and encompassing wall removals, floor beams, retaining walls, floor framing and wall framing.
- Small industrial and commercial projects including structures on mine sites.
- Insurance inspections and reports on residential damage and failures including damage assessments, conditions audits, slab heave reports and drilling and coring.
- Recommendations and specifications for repairs and rectifications.
Why You’ll Love Cornell Engineers
You’ll love Cornell Engineers because:
- We apply our experience and local knowledge to every job so that our designs and reports are easy to use and build from.
- We use modern communication technology so you can easily contact us when and how you need to. Contact us via video conferencing, email, telephone or in-person communications to suit your preference.
- We offer fast turn-around times as standard on all of our projects so that your project can accelerate through the design phase and into the construction phase.
- We respond quickly to construction queries so that your builder can keep working.
You Need a Great Team
Our director, Matt Cornell, was a paid, on-call retained Firefighter with Queensland Fire and Rescue Service (QFRS) for 14 years until 2013. He served his community in Emerald, Gladstone and most recently Walkerston Fire Station where he advanced to the rank of Lieutenant.
In this role Matt got to see the best and worst things this life can give you; and he formed the belief that having a great team can make the difference between a good and a not so good result.
So if you are building, renovating, extending or repairing your home, office or industrial building in Queensland, get Cornell Engineers on your team.
- We work hard to make sure your project runs smoothly.
- We answer the phone after hours to make it easier for you to speak us; and
- We answer your questions about our drawings and reports for no extra charge to make sure you understand the engineering requirements.
Brisbane Structural Engineers – Call NOW!!
We can’t wait to provide structural engineering support for your next project but you need to be quick.